This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices at American Time and Labor Company. You can read this to learn how we collect, use, share and process information relating to "Personal Data", and to learn about your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data.
1. Responsible EntityAmerican Time and Labor Company is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement, unless expressly specified otherwise.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor on behalf of our customers, including where we offer to our customers various products and services through which our customers (and/or their affiliates): (i) create their own websites and applications running on our platform; (ii) sell or offer their own products and services; (iii) otherwise collect, use, share or process Personal Data via our products and services.
2. Processing activities coveredThis Privacy Statement applies to the processing of Personal Data collected by us when you:
Visit our website that displays or links to this Privacy Statement; Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls or texts; Use our products and services as an authorized user (for example, as an employee of one of our customers who provided you with access to our services) where we act as a controller of your Personal Data;
3. What Personal Data do we collect?
- We collect the following Personal Data
directly from you:
- • If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, register to use our website, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, phone number, email address or username and password;
- • If you use and interact with our website or emails, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our website or emails through cookies or similar technologies, such as IP addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data;
- • If you use and interact with our services, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our services, through log files and other technologies, some of which may qualify as Personal Data;
- • If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request; and If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. * If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information set out in the "Contact us" section below.
4. What device and usage data we processWe use common information-gathering tools, such as tools for collecting usage data, cookies and similar technologies to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our site, our services or interact with emails we have sent you.
4.1 Device and usage data
We gather certain information automatically on connection with the use of our site by individual users. This information may include IP address, device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, searches, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us provide and improve our website and to guarantee security and proper functioning.
In addition, we gather certain information automatically as part of your use of our products and services. This information may include IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to maintain the security of the services, to provide necessary functionality, as well as to improve performance of the services, to assess and improve customer and user experience of the services, to review compliance with applicable usage terms, to identify future opportunities for development of the services, to assess capacity requirements and for security in general. Some of the device and usage data collected within our services could be personally identifying to you, although please note that this device and usage data is primarily used for the purposes of identifying the uniqueness of each user logging on. In some cases this information is required to identify an individual for security purposes or to provide specific services to our customers.
4.2 Cookies and other tracking technologies on our website and in email communications
When you visit our website, we or an authorized third party may place a cookie on your browser and/or device, which collects information, including Personal Data, about your online activities over time. Cookies allow us to track usage, determine your browsing preferences and improve and customize your browsing experience.
We use Google Analytics. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices by going to https://policies.google.com/privacy
You can choose to opt out of functional cookies, but not required cookies. To change your cookie settings and preferences, click the Cookie Preferences link in the footer of the page.
It is also possible to opt out of Google Analytics data collection, to do this, you can download and install the browser add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can learn more about how to control functional cookies via your individual browser settings here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
5. Purposes for which we process Personal Data
- We collect and process your
Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal bases identified in the following:
- • Providing our website and its associated services: We process your Personal Data to fulfill our obligations under applicable terms and conditions; we base the processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our website and to provide you with the content you request;
- • Promoting the security of our website and services: We process your Personal Data by tracking use of our website and services, creating aggregated, non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity and enforcing our terms and conditions, to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the services, systems and applications and in protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- • Providing necessary functionality: We process your Personal Data to provide our services to you, we base this processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest to provide you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our website and services;
- • Managing user registrations: If you have created an account with us, we process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of providing our services to you according to our terms and conditions;
- • Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a "Contact Me" web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means including via email or phone, we process your Personal Data to fulfill your requests and communicate with you;
- • Developing and improving our website and services: We process your Personal Data to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our websites and services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our website and services;
- • Assessing and improving user experience: We process device and usage data as described in Section 3 above, which in some cases may be associated with your Personal Data, in order to analyze trends in order to assess and improve the overall user experience to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving the service offering;
- • Assessing capacity requirements: We process your Personal Data to assess the capacity requirements of our services to ensure that we are meeting the necessary capacity requirements of our service offering;
- • Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our website, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
6. Who do we share Personal Data with?We may share your Personal Data with our contracted service providers, who provide services such as IT and system administration, hosting, credit card processing, analytics, marketing and customer support.
7. International transfer of Personal DataYour Personal Data will be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates and third-parties disclosed in Section 5 above, some of whom may be based in other countries. We use reasonable means to ensure that your Personal Data is secure regardless of where it may be stored. The addresses of American Time and Labor Company can be found below in the "Contact us" section.
8. ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under thirteen, please do not submit any Personal Information to American Time and Labor Company. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
9. How long do we keep your Personal Data?We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time, to meet the requirements presented in section 5 above. Generally we retain Personal Data to meet the functional needs of our products and services for which you, or a customer for whom you work, has signed up.
For information on applicable data retention periods, please contact us using the information in the "Contact us" section, below.
10. Your rights relating to your Personal Data
10.1 Your rights
- You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on
the applicable laws and, in particular, if you are located in the European Economic Area, these rights may
- • To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- • To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- • To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- • To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- • To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- • To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
10.2 How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us by using the information in the "Contact us" section, below. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within four weeks and will contact you if we need additional information in order to honor your request. If you are an employee of one of our customers, we recommend you contact your company’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information.
Some users may also have permission to update their own user profile or organization settings. If you have these permissions (e.g. you are a Web User or System Admin respectively), this can be acheived by logging in and editing your user profile or organisaion settings.
To discontinue your account or request return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account, please contact us by using the information in the "Contact us" section, below.
10.3 Your rights relating to customer data
As described above, we may also process Personal Data submitted by or for a customer to our products and services. To this end, if not stated otherwise in this Privacy Statement, we process such Personal Data in the role of a processor on behalf of a customer (and/or its affiliates) who is the responsible controller of the Personal Data concerned. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this Privacy Statement. If your data has been submitted to us by or on behalf an American Time and Labor Company customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please inquire with the applicable customer directly. This is because we can only access a customer’s data upon instruction from that customer, if you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide to us the name of the customer who submitted your data to us. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them in responding to your request.
11. How we secure your Personal DataWe take precautions including organizational, technical and physical measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use.
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no methods are ever fully secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of our website. If you have any questions about the security of our website, please contact us by using the information in the "Contact us" section, below.
12. Changes to this Privacy StatementWe reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices. If we make a material update, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect by posting a notice on our website or by contacting you using the email address you provided.
13. Contact usTo exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement please email email@example.com or send mail to:
American Time and Labor Company Data Protection Officer,
815 Mission Ave
Oceanside, CA 92054, USA